Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy fragrent potato soup.
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 vegetarian vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 quarts water
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups potatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a 5 quart pan.
- Add onion and cook slowly for 5 minutes without browning.
- Blend in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add water, stirring to prevent lumps.
- Add potatoes, bring to a boil and simmer partially covered 45 minutes.
- You can prepare ahead to this point if you like.
- Before serving bring soup to a simmer and stir in milk and bouillon cube and cook for 10 more minutes.
Very tasty! It's the first potato soup I have ever made and it was definitely a success! I made some minor additions (carrots, red pepper, and corn). Thanks for the recipe!