Here's a very inexpensive recipe for "Gifts in a Jar." This is also handy to have around the house for hungry kids who need a quick fix after sleding or skating!
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon or 2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients well and pour into a 1 quart jar.
- Seal and attach: Place 1/2 cup of soup mix in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup boiling water and stir to smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.