Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This would make nice little Christmas gifts or a little touch to a pretty Christmas basket with a variety of goodies in it.
- 1 3⁄4 cups instant mashed potatoes, butter-flavored
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients mixing until well blended.
- Store in airtight container.
- To serve, place 1/2 cup soup mix in bowl.
- Add 1 cup boiling water.
- Stir until smooth.
- Let soup set 1 to 2 minutes to thicken slightly.
Nothing beats the real thing from scratch, but as far as instant soup mixes are concerned, this one will become a staple in my cupboard. I really like this. I didn't have butter potatos so I used regular and added butter to the soup when it was hot. It was good without the butter too. I was out of tumeric and used ground mustard. Thank you!
Is great for one person to have around. I have played with similar. This one works for me, although I added 1/2 cup dry coffee creamer and 1/2 teaspoon of butter seasoning, like you would use on popcorn. Is a keeper and one I will work with for some variations.
This was good! It turned out really thick for me, so the next time I make this I am going to cut back a little on the instant potatoes. I added ground mustard instead of the turmeric (as another reviewer did) because I didnt have any. The nice thing is, most of this came from my food storage, and I like that I have a recipe for good food that I can fall back on in tough times. I will be making this again!