Recipe by Kalipso435
Almost a mini-version of the "soup in a jar" recipes you see everywhere. However, this is for individual servings that just take a few minutes in the microwave instead of an hour on the stove! I made these for Christmas for everyone (including myself). I keep them in my drawer at work to warm up when I don't have time for lunch. They're also great for students in a dorm with nothing but a microwave, dieters trying to limit portion sizes, or quick and easy things for kids to make themselves. Just put them into ziploc bags and seal. You can make as many or as few as you want. I find it easist to set out 8-10 ziplocs and just add each ingredient to the individual bags instead of making them one at a time.
- 1⁄3 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup powdered coffee creamer
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chicken gravy
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (or other salt-free seasoning)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Butter Buds (optional)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients in a ziploc bag.
- If giving them away stop after the first step and attach the instructions provided below. If making for yourself, follow the instructions below.
- TO MAKE: Empty mixture into a microwaveable mug or small bowl.
- Add one scant cup of water. Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 1 and 1/2 minutes.
- Stir. Cover. Let stand 3 minutes.
- OPTIONS: Add 1/8 tsp bacon bits or a sprinkle of cheddar cheese if it suits your taste.