- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into 1/8th's chunks
- 3 medium yellow onions, cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chervil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to a quick boil, reduce heat and add the potatoes and onions.
- Add salt. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes into the broth.
- **But make it a small chunky bits** Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes more. Serve with a loaf of French bread.
- We like to take the bread and dip it into the soup.
- We also add a cheddar cheese topping for ours as well and chopped chives as a topping as well.