Recipe by ~kdp
I know what you're thinking....another potato soup...that's what I thought too until I tasted it. This is good served with "Jiffy" cornbread muffins, especially on cool autumn nights or cold winter nights. Positively a comfort food. This recipe is from a lady that I worked with at school.
- 3 -5 potatoes (cubed)
- 2 -3 carrots (grated)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- paprika (sprinkled)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (more or less)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes, carrots, onion and seasonings in a large pot.
- Cover with water and cook till potatoes are tender.
- (You don't drain the water, so don't overfill the pot.) In a separate bowl, mix the soup and softened cream cheese.
- Add this to the cooked potatoes, along with the milk.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stir frequently so that it doesn't scorch.
- Add the velveeta and allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve hot.