Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I know what you're thinking....another potato soup...that's what I thought too until I tasted it. This is good served with "Jiffy" cornbread muffins, especially on cool autumn nights or cold winter nights. Positively a comfort food. This recipe is from a lady that I worked with at school.
- 3 -5 potatoes (cubed)
- 2 -3 carrots (grated)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- paprika (sprinkled)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (more or less)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- Put potatoes, carrots, onion and seasonings in a large pot.
- Cover with water and cook till potatoes are tender.
- (You don't drain the water, so don't overfill the pot.) In a separate bowl, mix the soup and softened cream cheese.
- Add this to the cooked potatoes, along with the milk.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stir frequently so that it doesn't scorch.
- Add the velveeta and allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve hot.
This was AWESOME!!! My whole family...even my husband who is the "gourmet" cook in the house loved it! Thanks so much! Will make again for sure!!
This soup is fantastic! Just finished making it and it is sooo good. I added bacon because it didn't have enough fatty ingredients in it. LOL My uncle who loves Tim Horton's potato bacon soup says this soup is better. Thanks for the recipe!!
Made this soup for lunch today...DELISH! So easy and quick! The only thing I did different was add crumbled bacon. Definately the comfort food to go to, especially on cold dreary days (like today). Thanks kdp!