Recipe by strawberryjane
Great Potato Soup for a cold winter day and sooo filling.Makes really large kettle of soup and great heated up to...I used the unpeeled potatoes in mine, was really different, lots better than plain potatoe soup..just cube them up.... also I didn't have the half&half, so I poured a little bit of milk in mine and it was just fine..Add your own seasonings to taste, I just added salt and pepper and let it simmer....this thickens up nicely, not a runny soup, that stick to your ribs kinda soup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 chopped onion
- 10 -12 potatoes (peeled or not)
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon (cubes or dry)
- 2 -3 finely chopped carrots
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute margarine and chopped onion until clear.
- Add chopped potatoes (peeled of not) Cover with water.
- Cook until tender.
- Add 3 T. chicken bouillon (cubes or dry) Add chopped carrots before potatoes are done.
- Reduce heat.
- Mix flour and half&half.
- Add to soup.
- Add Velveeta cheese.
- Stir on occasion until cheese is melted and let simmer till done.