Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
In ‘Mary Mac’s Tea Room’
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large stalk celery, chopped
- 4 medium white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Saute half of the onions, the garlic, and celery until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the remaining half of the onions, the potatoes, salt, pepper, basil, and poultry seasoning to the Dutch oven.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Decrease the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over med-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and beginning to brown.
- Add the mushrooms to the soup.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and serve.