Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The polish kielbasa gives a whole new flavor to the soup.
- 1 lb Polish kielbasa, cut in chunks
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- In Dutch oven pan add potatoes, polish kielbasa, celery, onion, carrots, salt, garlic salt, pepper and water.
- Cook covered until tender.
- Combine flour with small amount of milk until smooth.
- Add to potato mixture along with remaining milk.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
Made this today and it was really good. I didn't use water at all but substituted with chicken broth, and added pepper.
very good soup, i added about a teaspoon of chicken better than bouillion, and used trader joe's turkey kielbasa, which has a little more kick than the regular stuff. It tasted great, surprising depth of flavor for the lack of spices.
Very good soup. I used chicken broth instead of water and added a tablespoon of parsley. My five year old is a picky eater and she loved it.