I got this potato soup recipe from my mother in law. We absolutely love it and it is very simple.You can, of course, decrease the cheese amount. I also add broccoli, carrots, corn, peas or any combination of those when I am in the mood. Very delicious, yet simple, soup.
- Peel, cube, boil, drain and "mush" potatoes to the consistency you like (I like them lumpy, but my kids like smaller pieces).
- In separate pan, melt butter, add flour and cook while stirring for about a minute or so.
- Add half the milk and stir until lumps are out of flour mixture.
- Add remaining milk and on med-high heat, heat to a boil.
- Stir almost constantly or it will scorch.
- After boiling, turn heat off and add remaining ingredients.