Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My version of potato soup.
Make and share this Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 ounces carrots, finely chopped
- 3 ounces celery, finely chopped
- 3 ounces onions, finely chopped
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 32 ounces potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 ounces bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 quart milk
- 1 -2 cup potato flakes
- Melt butter in soup pot.
- Sweat carrots, celery, and onions until soft.
- Add chicken stock, potatoes, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes are medium soft.
- Add bacon and milk.
- Heat through.
- Add enough potato flakes to bring to desired consistency.
Great recipe to have on hand. Dinner was ready in 30 minutes. I didn't have celery so added a dash of celery salt & about 1 Tablespoon of garlic. I needed to use 3 1/2 cups of potato flakes to thicken it enough for my family's taste as we like soup a little on the thick side. We enjoyed this recipe a lot & I'll be keeping it handy. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Mike! Made & enjoyed for New Kids On The Block tag game (newly posted recipes).