Recipe by manda1027
This is a recipe that was on an insert in a bag of potatoes..
Top Review by Annacia
Sadly, I think this recipe needs a little work. I made as directed and while it was surly easy it was also very bland. I added some leftover mashed potatoes (with sour cream in them, minced white onion and some chives. The additions helped a lot. Made for PAC, Spring 09.
- 3 potatoes, diced into 1-inch cubes and cooked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook quickly, stirring constantly, till the mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Remove sauce from heat when it bubbles.
- Add potatoes to the sauce.
- Heat through.
- Season to taste.