Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my grandma's recipe. It's really easy and has a lot of flavor.
Make and share this Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Brown onions in bacon fat over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, and enough water to cover. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl stir milk and soup until it's smooth. Add to potato mixture.
- Heat, but do not boil. Add salt, pepper and dill weed.
- Crumble bacon, stir in just before serving or sprinkle on top.
Made this for PAC fall 2008. This rates high on the ease making score. Everything was in the fridge or pantry. I did sub out turkey bacon for regular bacon (dietary) so needed to cook bacon longer and had to spray pan with butter flavored PAM. Followed the directions otherwise. This is a good basic recipe that is a comfort food and will be made often at home. I did, after reviewing, add some flavorins as we thought there was something missing. Added 1 clove minced garlic (sauteed), cracked pepper to taste, 1 can drained corn,and simmered to meld flavors. DH added in 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes to his for heat. Will make with modification and probably more garlic next time. We are garlic lovers.