- 5 -6 large potatoes, cubed
- water (enough to cover potatoes)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt, pepper,garlic to taste
- chopped bacon or cut up sausage or meatballs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water and cook.
- In large frying pan cook bacon until crisp.
- Saute onion in bacon drippings (if I have fresh garlic I will add a chopped clove with the onion).
- Drain off any excess drippings.
- Add milk, oxo cubes, salt and pepper, flour.
- Mix well and cook stirring until thickened.
- Add to potatoes and water and stir well.
- Simmer 5- 10 minutes.