Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a wonderful lunch on a cold day. Serve with a salad for a healthy supper.
- 5 -6 large potatoes, cubed
- water (enough to cover potatoes)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt, pepper,garlic to taste
- chopped bacon or cut up sausage or meatballs
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water and cook.
- In large frying pan cook bacon until crisp.
- Saute onion in bacon drippings (if I have fresh garlic I will add a chopped clove with the onion).
- Drain off any excess drippings.
- Add milk, oxo cubes, salt and pepper, flour.
- Mix well and cook stirring until thickened.
- Add to potatoes and water and stir well.
- Simmer 5- 10 minutes.
This is a great soup! I did add chopped celery to it, and I took out a cup of the soup and whirled it in the blender to make it smoother. Very good!!
Awesome Soup! My husband even liked it and he is not a fan of soup for dinner.
I added some left over carrots & broccoli...made it colorful in addition to its awesome taste!
Thanks for posting!!!! :)
I loved this! It's nothing fancy.... just good, thick tator soup with a hint of bacon. I used fat free milk to cut fat calories even further. I garnished with chopped scallions and cooked, crumbled bacon. Great soup to warm you up. Thanx!