- 1 lb potato
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine, non-hydrogenated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice potatoes. Heat olive oil in large pot and cook the onion over moderate heat until translucent. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, bay leaf, and water and bring to boil. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and process soup in a food processor or blender. Return to pot and heat thoroughly. Add margarine, parsley, and basil and season with salt and pepper. Simmer 5 more minutes and serve hot.