Recipe by Fearless_1
Potatoes and gravy mix make a quick, thick soup.
Top Review by momEgodess
I loved this soup. I didn't have any bacon so I used lowfat smoked sausage and added to the soup the last five minutes of cooking. I also added half of an onion to the boiling potatoes and about 2 t of garlic pepper, but would saute onions in some of the butter first next time. I also used the water that the potatoes cooked in, I think it would have been too thick for me if I hadn't done this. Loved the taste, and so simple to make.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 (1 ounce) packages white gravy mix
- 4 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- bacon, chopped into bits
- shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a pot with water to cover and bring to a boil; introduce butter, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 to 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy mix.
- Bring 3 1/2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Combine the remaining cup of water with the gravy mix and stir to dissolve.
- Stir into boiling water.
- Drain potatoes and add to boiling gravy mix.
- Continue to boil 5 minutes more, adding water to thin if desire.
- Serve at once.