Southern Sugar Dumplin's Note:
One of my most requested soups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot, cook bacon crisply, crumble and set aside.
- 2Drain off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
- 3In remaining grease, saute the celery and onion until onion turns clear, then add garlic and cook another minute.
- 4Add cubed potatoes and toss to coat. Add broth. Make sure that broth completely covers potatoes, so you may need to add more than 4 cups.
- 5Cover and simmer till potatoes are just tender, do not over cook.
- 6In separate pan, melt butter. Whisk in flour, cook 1 to 2 minutes, then add heavy cream, tarragon, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Bring to boil, stir until thick - then add to soup.
- 8Add crumbled bacon to pot just before serving, or sprinkle over each individual bowl.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.4
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 471.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g