Recipe by Derf
Good potato soup on a cold night. Can be doubled and more.
Top Review by spatchcock
So unbelievably good, Dorothy! I made this last weekend and never got a chance to post a review. I used yellow potatoes and vidalia onions so my soup was somewhat sweeter than it might have been with different varieties of those things. I loved it! Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 celery ribs
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- milk or cream or chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- chop onions and celery.
- Saute these ingredients in 1 1/2 tablespooons of butter.
- Add boiling water, enough to cover.
- Add salt and bay leaf.
- Boil the veggies until the potatoes are tender.
- remove bay leaf.
- Put them through a ricer or blender.
- Beat into the potato mixture 2 tablespoons butter.
- Thin the soup with your choice of milk, cream or chicken stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add worcestershire sauce.
- stir and bring to near boil.
- Serve garnished with parsley and chives.