Chef #171286's Note:
I got this from a friend who works in a hotel kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g potatoes
- 29.58 ml butter (or margarine or olive oil)
- 226.79 g bacon, chopped fine
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml sliced leek, green and white parts
- 1-2 garlic clove
- 236.59 ml carrot, cubed small
- 236.59 ml celery, cubed small
- 236.59 ml peas (frozen)
- broth (beef or chicken or vegetable)
- 29.58 ml herbs (parsley, dill, chives, marjoram)
- 10 cocktail franks
- sour cream, as a garnish (optional)
additional veggies that can be put in the soup if you wish
- 1Saute the bacon in the fat until crispy.
- 2Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- 3Add the leeks and the garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- 4Add the carrots and the celery and cook for another minute or so.
- 5Add the peas and the potatoes.
- 6Fill up with broth until the veggies are covered.
- 7Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- 8Take out 1/3 of the veggies and potatoes and puree.
- 9Put back into the soup and stir.
- 10Add the herbs and the franks and heat through.
- 12Add a spoonfull of sour cream on each plate.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.8
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 1081.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: