- 680.38 g potatoes
- 29.58 ml butter (or margarine or olive oil)
- 226.79 g bacon, chopped fine
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml sliced leek, green and white parts
- 1-2 garlic clove
- 236.59 ml carrot, cubed small
- 236.59 ml celery, cubed small
- 236.59 ml peas (frozen)
- broth (beef or chicken or vegetable)
- 29.58 ml herbs (parsley, dill, chives, marjoram)
- 10 cocktail franks
- sour cream, as a garnish (optional)
additional veggies that can be put in the soup if you wish
- mushrooms or bell peppers or rutabagas or parsnips or turnips or green onion, The possibilities are endless
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the bacon in the fat until crispy.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the leeks and the garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the carrots and the celery and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the peas and the potatoes.
- Fill up with broth until the veggies are covered.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Take out 1/3 of the veggies and potatoes and puree.
- Put back into the soup and stir.
- Add the herbs and the franks and heat through.
- Add a spoonfull of sour cream on each plate.