Recipe by Sara in MD
I first made this in Home-Ec years ago ...
Top Review by Karen1808
Very good on a cool or cold day. I've made this several times and never tire of it, though I do make it with about half water and half milk, which I suppose makes it a cream of potato soup rather than just potato soup.
- 3-4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 946.36 ml water
- 59.14 ml chopped celery
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1-2 vegetarian bouillon cubes
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- salt, to taste
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml water
- cooking spray, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions till tender.
- Add celery and cubed potatoes, saute about 3-4 additional minutes.
- Add 4 cups water, bring to boil.
- Add spices, then simmer till potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatos within soup.
- In cup, combine flour and 1/2 cup water.
- Slowly add to soup while whisking.
- Bring to boil once again.
- Taste and season as necessary.
- Serve hot.