Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I first made this in Home-Ec years ago ...
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 vegetarian bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- cooking spray, as needed
- Saute onions till tender.
- Add celery and cubed potatoes, saute about 3-4 additional minutes.
- Add 4 cups water, bring to boil.
- Add spices, then simmer till potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatos within soup.
- In cup, combine flour and 1/2 cup water.
- Slowly add to soup while whisking.
- Bring to boil once again.
- Taste and season as necessary.
- Serve hot.
Very good on a cool or cold day. I've made this several times and never tire of it, though I do make it with about half water and half milk, which I suppose makes it a cream of potato soup rather than just potato soup.
This is a really great potato soup. It's creamy in texture even without any milk or cream. This makes a great warm lunch. There's so many things you can use as garnish to personalize this soup.... bacon bits, cheese, chives, etc. Thanx for sharing!
This is the best potatoe soup. It is so easy to make. Thank you