Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is worth keeping. We gave up our old recipe and now use this one even though we are not really on a diet. Full of flavor and real easy....my favorite combo. 4 points.
- 4 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced (can use frozen)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups potato water
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 4 teaspoons minced parsley (I use neither option) (optional)
- chopped chives (optional)
- Cook potatoes and onions in just enough water to cover.
- Drain and reserve 1 1/2 cups water.
- Break up potatoes with a fork.
- Add butter, water, milk and salt.
- You can sprinkle bacon bits and grated cheese on top.
This is a wonderful, low-fat, creamy potato soup! I made a few changes...added some sliced celery, garlic powder (garlic addict!), salt, and black pepper. I also added a handful of baby portobella mushrooms that I wanted to use up. I think next time, I will puree some of the mixture to make it even creamier, although it was great as posted! I used dried parsley flakes and did not add chives. Thanks so much for posting this recipe! I will definitely be making this again! ~Manda