Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Everyone in my family just loves this soup.
Make and share this Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook celery in 1/2 cup water, just until tender.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Place in a 4-quart saucepan with 2 cups water or more depending on how many potatoes you used.
- Add cooked celery, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Mash slightly to eliminate definite cubes.
- Add milk.
- Cook on low till everything is done (30-35 minutes).
good recipe but I changed it up. I used 3 potatoes and added some cauliflower to make up the difference to make it healthier and less calories. I boiled the cauliflower separately, poured off water, and blended it in blender. I added it back into the cooked soup. Also I didn't use any milk and it tasted just fine.
This was an easy and flavorful recipe, and everyone enjoyed it! The only changes I made were to mash the potatoes till the cubes were almost gone, and I added 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese at the end of the cooking time.