This is posted for the World Tour 2005 event. I've not yet tried this recipe, but know I will soon. The source is The Irish Heritage Cookbook by Margaret M. Johnson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes, peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, tarragon, etc.)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (measured after shredding)
- 1Cook potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and mash.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 6 cup souffle dish.
- 3Cook the butter and onion over medium heat until soft (4 - 5 minutes), add to the mashed potatoes. Stir in the egg yolks, and creams. Season with salt and pepper. Add herbs and Parmesan cheese, and stir until smooth.
- 4Beat the egg whites until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir 2 tbsp of the egg whites into the potato mixture to loosen it, then fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- 5Pour the mixture into the buttered souffle dish, and bake until golden brown - 20 to 25 minutes. Start checking after 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.7
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 342.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: