Recipe by MISSIB
When I was growing up on the farm my mother would make all kinds of potato dishes as they had plenty from their gardens But this one dish seemed to be the most asked for.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Excellent! Similar to "Cow Camp Smother" This is a good recipe to put on a grilled fire pit or any type of grill. I will try it on a regular stove next. Thanks for posting.
- 4 -6 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 5 -6 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced salt pork (or bacon)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch Oven, over med. high heat saute salt pork or bacon until crisp.
- Then start your layers.
- 1 Tbs. Flour.(sprinkle over potatoes/onions).
- Salt/pepper to taste.
- Repeat layers.
- Then add just enough water to come to half-way (Do Not cover potatoes).
- Cover and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.It will make its own creamy like gravy.
- Good with meatloaf, etc.