Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
When I was growing up on the farm my mother would make all kinds of potato dishes as they had plenty from their gardens But this one dish seemed to be the most asked for.
- 4 -6 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 5 -6 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced salt pork (or bacon)
- In a Dutch Oven, over med. high heat saute salt pork or bacon until crisp.
- Then start your layers.
- 1 Tbs. Flour.(sprinkle over potatoes/onions).
- Salt/pepper to taste.
- Repeat layers.
- Then add just enough water to come to half-way (Do Not cover potatoes).
- Cover and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.It will make its own creamy like gravy.
- Good with meatloaf, etc.
Excellent! Similar to "Cow Camp Smother" This is a good recipe to put on a grilled fire pit or any type of grill. I will try it on a regular stove next. Thanks for posting.
Nice creamy and tasty potatoes. I doubled the amount of potatoes, mine were small,left the skins on, and added water to the pot until I could see it coming up the sides of the potatoes. DH loves cheesey potatoes so I added some shredded mozzarella before serving. With or without the cheese these potatoes are great. Thank you for posting hon, made and reviewed for PAC 2007.
We totally loved this! I made a meatloaf and it was a great compliment! Thanks for a great new recipe for potatoes, MissiB!