Recipe by Jen T
Have been making these for years....they go well with a mug of soup too. If you don't have any fish available you can add a little tasty cheese to the potato mixture instead.
- 6 slices white bread (thin white slices, crusts removed)
- softened butter, for spreading
- 1 cup potato (cooked & mashed)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup smoked fish fillet (I use canned & drained)
- 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon onion (chopped fine)
- 1 slice bacon (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped finely)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter the bread evenly and cut each slice into 4 squares.
- Press these butter side down in muffin tins.
- Combine remaining ingredients, seasoning to taste.
- Place spoonfuls into the uncooked bread cases.
- Bake in a Mod oven 350'F - 375'F (180'C approx) for 20-30mins or until the cases and the fillings are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- These reheat well. They also feeze well after cooking and cooling.