Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Taken from Dorinda Hafners 'Tastes of Britain', this traditional Irish soup is hearty and good for winters days.
- Heat butter in large saucepan on moderate flame.
- When butter foams, add onion & bacon; sauté until bacon is crisp.
- Add cubed potatoes; turn heat to low and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, turn up flame, bring to a boil.
- Lower flame and gently simmer until potatoes are soft & tender.
- Add pepper.
- Pour soup into blender and puree smooth.
- Serve in soup bowls with a swirl of cream.