jenny butt's Note:
Taken from Dorinda Hafners 'Tastes of Britain', this traditional Irish soup is hearty and good for winters days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in large saucepan on moderate flame.
- 2When butter foams, add onion & bacon; sauté until bacon is crisp.
- 3Add cubed potatoes; turn heat to low and cook for further 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the stock, turn up flame, bring to a boil.
- 5Lower flame and gently simmer until potatoes are soft & tender.
- 6Add pepper.
- 7Pour soup into blender and puree smooth.
- 8Serve in soup bowls with a swirl of cream.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato & Smoked Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 114.6 mg
- Sodium 2326.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 35.6 g