Recipe by TasteTester
Delicious little potatoes covered with yummy cheese and bacon.
Top Review by mums the word
Absolutely delicious! These potatoes are similar to potato skins that you get in a restaurant. I found that I needed to add another 2 Tbsp of Italian Dressing when I flipped the potatoes as the dressing had been absorbed. Served with sour cream and these were devoured. I made these potatoes to go alongside your recipe #324416 and they pair together very well. Thx so much TasteTester!
- 8 small new potatoes, about 1 1/2 - inch diameter (3/4 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and water in a 2-quart microwaveable dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain potatoes and press each potato with bottom of small bowl or saucer to flatten to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Heat salad dressing in skillet on medium heat. Add potatoes; cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Meanwhile, crumble bacon. Turn potatoes over; sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon. Cover skillet with lid. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve 2 potatoes per person. Top with a small dollop of sour cream, if desired.