Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious little potatoes covered with yummy cheese and bacon.
- 8 small new potatoes, about 1 1/2 - inch diameter (3/4 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Place potatoes and water in a 2-quart microwaveable dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain potatoes and press each potato with bottom of small bowl or saucer to flatten to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Heat salad dressing in skillet on medium heat. Add potatoes; cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Meanwhile, crumble bacon. Turn potatoes over; sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon. Cover skillet with lid. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve 2 potatoes per person. Top with a small dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Absolutely delicious! These potatoes are similar to potato skins that you get in a restaurant. I found that I needed to add another 2 Tbsp of Italian Dressing when I flipped the potatoes as the dressing had been absorbed. Served with sour cream and these were devoured. I made these potatoes to go alongside your Simple Italian Grilled Chicken and they pair together very well. Thx so much TasteTester!
Absolutely loved these, a wonderful appetizer. The Italian salad dressing gave it some umphh ! Very flavorable.
Another delicious potato sidedish! I doubled the bacon and cheese, Yummm! Did not use the sour cream because we do not care for that. Thanks for the recipe ; )