Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this one night, after discovering I forgot to buy buns! Quick and filling.
Make and share this Potato Sloppy Joe Bake recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet, cook beef until no longer pink, drain.
- Add sloppy joe sauce and soup, mix.
- Place thawed hash browns in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Top with the beef mixture.
- Bake at 450 degree for 20 minutes- covered.
- Remove foil and bake additional 10 minutes or more until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
I used Oreida Frozen Hash browns, since I could not find the “cubed” variety. Out of a 30oz bag, we probably used 20-25 ounces of it, since any more seemed to be too many potatoes. It lined the bottom of a 9x12 inch baking dish pretty well. It was a simple dish to prepare, and was ready for the oven before the oven had a chance to pre-heat! I felt that it did not have enough kick to it, so I put a little bit of Pace Hot Picante sauce on my plate for the 2nd helping. I feel that this dish could be made with a jar of your favorite salsa, rather than, or in addition to, the Manwitch sauce if you wanted a spicier take. This is great for a quick meal with no preparation.
I agree this is quite easy to make but the hashbrowns turned out soggy at the bottom. If and when I make it again I am going to cook the homefries to get them a little brown and dry then place in the bottom.