Recipe by 199949
This is an easy filling snack to make, and has the advantage that you can prepare the coated slices ahead, refrigerate and then deep fry when ready to eat.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
I coated the potato slices with a breadcrumb mixture comprising breadcrumbs, parmesan, minced garlic, thyme, marjoram, sage, salt and freshly ground black pepper (and minus the cayenne pepper: personal taste preference) and then I sprinkled them with olive oil and baked them in the oven on lightly oiled trays for about 10 minutes, turning them after about 5 minutes. Really yummy!
- 3 large potatoes
- 8 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (adjustable to suit your heat tolerance)
- oil, sufficient to deep fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes fairly thickly and cook in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain completely.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, grated parmesan and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate shallow bowl, pour in the beaten eggs.
- Dip potato slices in the egg and then coat them generously with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Deep fry in batches until a golden brown crisp coating is achieved; this may take 4-5 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly on a paper towel, garnish and serve.