Recipe by Timothy H.
T.G. I. Friday's sells 4 million orders every year.
Top Review by scswanson2002
Talk about a favorite...do you want people to talk about the appetizer you brought to their house, work or event?..This is it....Simple....Yet... Awesome....I bought the precooked bacon as it doesn't stink up the house and saves a step and time....We brought these to a Super Bowl (sorry I didn't write a review sooner) and with the truckload of food there; these were wiped out immediately....everyone loves a potato skin...
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices cooked bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F (To save time, microwave the potatoes for 6 minutes.) Bake for 40 minutes, remove and let cool so you can touch them.
- As the potatoes are baking, make the sour cream dip. Mix the sour cream and the chives in a bowl, put in the refrigerator.When the potatoes are cool. Cut the potato in half then slice the half into 3 equal pieces and scoop out the potato. Put potato in a bowl for mashed potatoes or what ever you like. Brush the inside of the potato skin with the melted butter. Place skins on a baking sheet, skin side down for 5 minutes. then remove.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese into each skin, now break up the bacon into small pieces and put 1-2 teaspoons of bacon on top of the cheese. Broil the skins for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot on a plate with the sour cream dip.