Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
T.G. I. Friday's sells 4 million orders every year.
Make and share this Potato Skins... T. G. I. Friday's Potato Skins recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (To save time, microwave the potatoes for 6 minutes.) Bake for 40 minutes, remove and let cool so you can touch them.
- As the potatoes are baking, make the sour cream dip. Mix the sour cream and the chives in a bowl, put in the refrigerator.When the potatoes are cool. Cut the potato in half then slice the half into 3 equal pieces and scoop out the potato. Put potato in a bowl for mashed potatoes or what ever you like. Brush the inside of the potato skin with the melted butter. Place skins on a baking sheet, skin side down for 5 minutes. then remove.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese into each skin, now break up the bacon into small pieces and put 1-2 teaspoons of bacon on top of the cheese. Broil the skins for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot on a plate with the sour cream dip.
Talk about a favorite...do you want people to talk about the appetizer you brought to their house, work or event?..This is it....Simple....Yet... Awesome....I bought the precooked bacon as it doesn't stink up the house and saves a step and time....We brought these to a Super Bowl (sorry I didn't write a review sooner) and with the truckload of food there; these were wiped out immediately....everyone loves a potato skin...
so yummy!!! i got so excited i didn't even cook the potatoes long enough so they slightly hard still but still great!!! instead of making the dip w/sour cream and chives, i topped them when they were done w/the chives then dipped them in ranch. thanks for a great recipe, this will def be added to my appetizer list for get togethers and holidays!
Delish! I halved the recipe and used veggie bacon bits. This made a great lunch! Thanks! Made for My 3 Chefs event-Nov. 2009.