1/4 Photos of Potato Skins "Like" T.G.I. Friday's
Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 baking potatoes (medium is fine)
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese (regular or light)
- 118.29 ml sour cream (regular, light or even fat-free)
- 14.79-29.58 ml minced fresh chives or 14.79-29.58 ml minced green onion
- 59.14 ml butter, melted (or use a substitute)
- 8 slice bacon, sauteed,drained and crumbled (you can use imitation bits or try the 50% leaner bacon bits)
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Wash and dry potatoes.
- 3Prick in several places and bake for 45 minutes to one hour, until baked through.
- 4Let cool enough to handle.
- 5While they are cooling, mix the chives with the sour cream and set aside.
- 6Make 2 lengthwise cuts through each potato.
- 7You'll wind up with three slices.
- 8Discard the middle and save for other potato dishes.
- 9This gives you two nice sized potato skins for each potato.
- 10Scoop out some of the potato from each skin, but leave about 1/4" of the potato inside the skin so it doesn't collapse.
- 11Brush with some melted butter (yes, you can use Canola, too).
- 12Place on a cookie sheet, skin side up and run under broiler for about 5 minutes, just until edges begin to turn brown.
- 13Sprinkle the cheese among the 8 skins.
- 14Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it on top of the cheese.
- 15Broil for about 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 16Serve hot, arranged on a plate surrounded by sour cream chive dip.
- 17Other Good Toppings: Don't stop here.
- 18Think of your own likes- salsa, green onions, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, etc.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Skins "Like" T.G.I. Friday's
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1153.4
- Calories from Fat 778
- Total Fat 86.5 g
- Saturated Fat 49.9 g
- Cholesterol 231.3 mg
- Sodium 1227.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 38.4 g