Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
Make and share this Potato Skins "Like" T.G.I. Friday's recipe from Food.com.
- 4 baking potatoes (medium is fine)
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese (regular or light)
- 118.29 ml sour cream (regular, light or even fat-free)
- 14.79-29.58 ml minced fresh chives or 14.79-29.58 ml minced green onion
- 59.14 ml butter, melted (or use a substitute)
- 8 slice bacon, sauteed,drained and crumbled (you can use imitation bits or try the 50% leaner bacon bits)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Prick in several places and bake for 45 minutes to one hour, until baked through.
- Let cool enough to handle.
- While they are cooling, mix the chives with the sour cream and set aside.
- Make 2 lengthwise cuts through each potato.
- You'll wind up with three slices.
- Discard the middle and save for other potato dishes.
- This gives you two nice sized potato skins for each potato.
- Scoop out some of the potato from each skin, but leave about 1/4" of the potato inside the skin so it doesn't collapse.
- Brush with some melted butter (yes, you can use Canola, too).
- Place on a cookie sheet, skin side up and run under broiler for about 5 minutes, just until edges begin to turn brown.
- Sprinkle the cheese among the 8 skins.
- Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it on top of the cheese.
- Broil for about 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot, arranged on a plate surrounded by sour cream chive dip.
- Other Good Toppings: Don't stop here.
- Think of your own likes- salsa, green onions, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, etc.