Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
- 4 baking potatoes (medium is fine)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (regular or light)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (regular, light or even fat-free)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh chives or 1 -2 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (or use a substitute)
- 8 slices bacon, sauteed,drained and crumbled (you can use imitation bits or try the 50% leaner bacon bits)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Prick in several places and bake for 45 minutes to one hour, until baked through.
- Let cool enough to handle.
- While they are cooling, mix the chives with the sour cream and set aside.
- Make 2 lengthwise cuts through each potato.
- You'll wind up with three slices.
- Discard the middle and save for other potato dishes.
- This gives you two nice sized potato skins for each potato.
- Scoop out some of the potato from each skin, but leave about 1/4" of the potato inside the skin so it doesn't collapse.
- Brush with some melted butter (yes, you can use Canola, too).
- Place on a cookie sheet, skin side up and run under broiler for about 5 minutes, just until edges begin to turn brown.
- Sprinkle the cheese among the 8 skins.
- Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it on top of the cheese.
- Broil for about 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot, arranged on a plate surrounded by sour cream chive dip.
- Other Good Toppings: Don't stop here.
- Think of your own likes- salsa, green onions, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, etc.
This is great! I had bought Friday's potato skins and looked at the label. 4 skins = 5 servings? Weird! If you eat the box, get ready to work off 1,100 calories!!!!
These were wonderful!! Very easy to whip up. I tripled the recipe and it worked out great. There were no leftovers. Now, all that I need to do is copy the recipe for everyone. :) Thanks so much for posting!!
Excellent! I love to eat them with Buffalo Sauce. Thank you for sharing!