Recipe by Rita~
A Super-Bowl treat! Is the football game stressing you out? Eat this! Did you know Potatoes can lower your blood pressure "UK scientists at the Institute for Food Research have identified blood pressure-lowering compounds called kukoamines in potatoes." Take a look at these Filling, Comforting, Sweet, Spicy Treats! A little healthy after all it is a potato filled with beans are a very good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber. Then I sneak in fresh parsley and fresh thyme providing a Rich Source of Anti-Oxidant Nutrients.
Top Review by kellychris
I made these for our Superbowl party tomorrow. I kept a few out to have with dinner tonight. My immediate family LOVED them, so I'm sure they"ll be a HIT tomorrow!! I didn't use the horseradish and used all cheddar. Hopefully I'll have NO TROUBLE with my blood pressure tomorrow,though. GEAUX SAINTS!!
- 4 medium russet potatoes, baked and halved, meat scooped out leaving a 1/4 inch of meat
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon fresh hot horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup diced smoked ham
- 1⁄2 cup diced swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup baked beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the skins on it and then brush them on both sides with olive oil.
- Mix the herbs and horseradish, equally distribute among the skins.
- Topping next with ham, beans then cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until they are crispy.