Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A good appetizer that I got from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook!
Make and share this Potato Skins! recipe from Food.com.
- Scrub potatoes and prick with fork.
- Bake at 425 F for 40-45 minutes or until tender and let cool.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 4 wedges. Scoop out the potato meat of each wedge.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder and the hot pepper sauce. Brush the insides of the wedges with the oil mix.
- Place wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon, tomato, green onions and top with cheese.
- Bake about 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted and wedges are heated through.
- Serve with sour cream, if desired!
Made for My 3 Chefs June 2012 tag game. I didn't cut my potatoes into wedges (I left them halved) and I also added a little garlic powder (1/4 tsp) to the chili powder and added a little more oil to help mix the mixture on the potato. A little spicey from adding a little more than the 1 1/2 dashes of hot sauce (which was my fault) but still quite good. Definately will make these again. Thank you for submitting the recipe.