I love potato skins but I don't love the calories, this recipe has less than half the calories but still has the great taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces finely shredded 75 percent light cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Scrub the potatoes very well with a vegetable brush. Using a fork, poke each 5 times. Rub the outside of each with 1/4 teaspoon olive oil. Place them directly on an oven rack and bake them for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour or until tender through. Let them cool for 1-2 hours or refrigerate them in a re-sealable plastic bag for up to 1 day.
- 3Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, carefully scrape out the centers of the halves, leaving an even 1/2 inch thick potato shell in tact.
- 4Spray a medium, non-stick baking sheet with olive oil spray. Arrange the potato shells on the baking sheet, so they barely touch. Lightly spray the tops with olive oil spray then sprinkle them evenly with the garlic, cayenne, and salt. Bake them for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, place a small, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook it, stirring frequently until barely crisped, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a medium shallow bowl lined with a paper towel to drain.
- 6Then sprinkle the cheese, bacon, then chives evenly over the baked shells. Bake them for an additional 15-18 minutes more or until the potatoes are lightly browned. Top with sour cream if using. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Skinnies
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 229.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g