Recipe by C & D's Mommy
A real kid pleaser! Just like the title says, it's a pizza made on a potato skin. A fun source of protein and calcium!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 20 -40 slices pepperoni, the mini slices (My kids prefer sliced hotdogs instead)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Turn over and cook another 3-5 minutes or until tender. Let them cool enough to handle.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out potato leaving a bit of a border, about 1/3 of an inch. (Save scooped out potato for something else, like a mashed potato salad!).
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Spread 1 Tbsp pizza sauce over each potato. Top with whatever toppings you like.
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until it's melted and lightly browned!
- Optional toppings can include:.
- Hot dog weiners, sliced.
- leftover BBQ chicken,.
- zucchini slices.
- cheddar cheese.
- pretty much any pizza topping you and your family likes -- .