Recipe by CHRISSYG
Wait till you try this recipe! OMG! You can buy small bottles of white truffle oil for (ahem) not that much money, well considering how much money truffles cost! The flavor is TDF! This is NOT mashed potatoes! This is creamy, silky, warm, earthy decadent! Nice with a great thick steak and a bottle of Syrah! Servings are for two, this can be doubled-- Oh Feb 2003 Bon Appetit
Top Review by iris5555
I know that these are not supposed to be like mashed potatoes, but I did cut back considerably on the milk (to about 1/3 cup). I think my potatoes were a little less than 14 oz total weight as well so a cup of milk would have resulted in potato slush rather than silk. The first time I made them I didn't put them in the food processor--you can tell by the first photo that they're not nearly as appealing. I made them again and did use the food processor and they were beautiful in appearance and taste.
- 14 ounces about 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk, heated
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white truffle oil (or more to taste)
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover potatoes in cold, salted water in medium saucepan set over medium heat and gently cook potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain; return to saucepan. Mash until smooth; transfer to processor. Bring milk to simmer in heavy small saucepan.
- Add hot milk, butter, and truffle oil to potatoes; blend until smooth. DO NOT OVER BLEND or the consistency will be gummy.
- Season with salt and white pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Stir over medium-low heat to rewarm.).