Recipe by Chad Wicker
It was spring, still a little cool and I wanted a warm side dish that was different. I like a bit of heat in my food, so I also added the crushed red pepper.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 8 slices of crispy cooked bacon, broken up
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Butter Buds
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch cubes; place in large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients (except the cheese), and mix with a spatula until coated evenly.
- Place in a casserole dish, cover and bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes (until potatoes are tender).
- Turn oven off, sprinkle cheese over top, replace cover and let stand in oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve warm.