Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
No full breakfast should be without these!
- Preheat a 12-inch seasoned cast-iron frying pan or griddle over moderate heat.
- Mix together all ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Turn the doughout onto a floured board and divide into thirds.
- Roll into a circleabout 1/4 inch thick.
- Score each circle into 6 wedges.
- Sprinkle the griddle with flour and bake each circle for about 5 minutes, until edges begin to brown, turning once to cook both sides.
- Serve hot or cold.
These are excellent. I have been trying to make them for years without success. Thank you for sharng your recipe
This recipe came out in the latest SOMETHING extra (Raley's magazine), and I have been looking for it for years! Before posting (this is too good not to share) I checked if it was already on Zaar. If only I had done the search earlier (so many breakfasts without these delicious scones)... The only addition is 1/2 tsp. baking powder to the mix. Yum!