1/2 Photos of Potato Saute Surprise
The Dabblers's Note:
This very simple recipe invented by my wife, Michelle, is called 'surprise' because I thought 'OK, sauteed potatoes', but then the taste was so much better and out of the ordinary I'm posting it because everyone deserves a chance to try it. The trick about is that everything but the potatoes seems to disappear into background but the flavours are there to surprise you. Peel the tomatoes the easy way. Drop them into boiling water for a 15-20 seconds. Run under cold water until cooled enough to handle then skins should nearly fall off. I hope you enjoy as much as I do, John
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put potatoes in lightly salted water, boil until cooked.
- 2Drop tomatoes into boiling potato water (see directions above).
- 3Remove tomatoes from boiling water and peel (see directions above).
- 4Once potatoes have cooked set aside to cool.
- 5Meanwhile heat oil in pan and sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes until cooked.
- 6Add the oregano and stir into mix.
- 7Slice the potatoes about ½ inch (12/13mm) thick and add to the tomato mixture.
- 8Put combined mix into oven-proof dish.
- 9Dot top with butter and bake in hot oven (230 degrees) for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Saute Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g