This very simple recipe invented by my wife, Michelle, is called 'surprise' because I thought 'OK, sauteed potatoes', but then the taste was so much better and out of the ordinary I'm posting it because everyone deserves a chance to try it. The trick about is that everything but the potatoes seems to disappear into background but the flavours are there to surprise you. Peel the tomatoes the easy way. Drop them into boiling water for a 15-20 seconds. Run under cold water until cooled enough to handle then skins should nearly fall off. I hope you enjoy as much as I do, John
- Put potatoes in lightly salted water, boil until cooked.
- Drop tomatoes into boiling potato water (see directions above).
- Remove tomatoes from boiling water and peel (see directions above).
- Once potatoes have cooked set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile heat oil in pan and sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes until cooked.
- Add the oregano and stir into mix.
- Slice the potatoes about ½ inch (12/13mm) thick and add to the tomato mixture.
- Put combined mix into oven-proof dish.
- Dot top with butter and bake in hot oven (230 degrees) for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
Tasty, tasty recipe. We so enjoyed this lovely potato dish. It had nice layers of flavor. The textures were perfect and the flavor was outstanding. Quick and easy to make with great results. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
Yum! Very tasty combination. Thanks for posting :) Made for Fall PAC 2012