Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I modified this from a recipe in Taste Of Home and came up with a very tasty soup. It's a thick comforting bowl!
- 1 lb pork sausage link, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- In heavy skillet, on med heat, cook sausage until browned.
- Add celery, onions, and carrots;,cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, basil and salt.
- Add flour and stir until mixed.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and water, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add potatoes; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Puree 2 cups of the soup in a blender, (careful, it's hot).
- Return the pureed soup to pot and add milk and peas.
- Cook until the peas are hot, about 5 minutes.
WOW!!! This soup is fantastic! I did use the links but discarded the casings from the sausage. Didn't change a thing! I must say I made it and my family loved it so made it a second time the next day. Thanks so much MizzNezz
This recipe is good! My toddler gobbled it up (excluding the sausage) but my two elementary grade children didn't find it yummy much :(. I personally found it too much for a skillet. Overall, I enjoyed eating it but will probably make it in a larger pan to avoid the mess next time.
Yum. :) I didn't have thyme so I used savory, and I didn't have just frozen peas so I used a bag of mixed veggies which added corn into the mixture. I also did not puree it as I don't have anything to do that with and it still tasted great. :) Will make again. ;)