Recipe by MizzNezz
I modified this from a recipe in Taste Of Home and came up with a very tasty soup. It's a thick comforting bowl!
Top Review by RecipeNut
WOW!!! This soup is fantastic! I did use the links but discarded the casings from the sausage. Didn't change a thing! I must say I made it and my family loved it so made it a second time the next day. Thanks so much MizzNezz
- 1 lb pork sausage link, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy skillet, on med heat, cook sausage until browned.
- Add celery, onions, and carrots;,cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, basil and salt.
- Add flour and stir until mixed.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and water, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add potatoes; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Puree 2 cups of the soup in a blender, (careful, it's hot).
- Return the pureed soup to pot and add milk and peas.
- Cook until the peas are hot, about 5 minutes.