I modified this from a recipe in Taste Of Home and came up with a very tasty soup. It's a thick comforting bowl!
- In heavy skillet, on med heat, cook sausage until browned.
- Add celery, onions, and carrots;,cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, basil and salt.
- Add flour and stir until mixed.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and water, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add potatoes; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Puree 2 cups of the soup in a blender, (careful, it's hot).
- Return the pureed soup to pot and add milk and peas.
- Cook until the peas are hot, about 5 minutes.
WOW!!! This soup is fantastic! I did use the links but discarded the casings from the sausage. Didn't change a thing! I must say I made it and my family loved it so made it a second time the next day. Thanks so much MizzNezz
A wonderful, hearty soup. My toddler gobbled it up and so did I! I made it easy on myself and used my hand pureer to puree half the pot of soup. I used a full cup of peas and a bit more salt, and lots of pepper. Next time I'll crumble the sausage out of the casings so it is more evenly distributed through the soup. Thank you!
o my goodness is this yummy! My husband went for seconds. Didn't change a thing...absolutely perfect...and I'm not a sausage fan. Thanks so much...this is a keeper!