Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This soup is absolutely wonderful! The men in my family eat until they are stuffed.
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth (Swanson's works well)
- 2 lbs hot sausage (I use Jimmy Dean's)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely diced celery
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- Put potatoes and chicken broth in large stock pot.
- Bring to boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute sausage and onion in large skillet until completely cooked, crumbling sausage as it cooks.
- Drain sausage mixture and return to pan.
- Add celery and saute a few minutes longer.
- Place sausage mixture and butter in the stock pot with the potatoes and broth.
- Add cream and extra broth, if needed.
- Heat for about 15 minutes to thicken.
- Add the parsley at the end of cooking.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
We absolutely love this recipe! It's perfect for cold days. We like to dip homemade breadsticks in it.
This was beyond amazing! I used only 1/3 of the amount of butter and only 3 potatoes as mine were really big. But this was great! We all loved it! thank you so much!
This was good. I used lowfat sausage and half-n-half and it had a great flavor. Thanks!