1/9 Photos of Potato Sausage Soup
Potatoes, breakfast sausage, and cheese combine to make a hearty soup. I use reduced fat sausage so you don't have to drain off the fat. Great with cornbread and salad for a comfort food meal on a cold night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown sausage and onion in dutch oven until no longer pink. (If using regular sausage, drain and wipe out bottom of pan.).
- 2Add chicken broth to sausage and onions and bring to boil.
- 3Add potatoes and simmer on med high for 20 mins or until potatoes are soft.
- 4Remove from heat and mash potatoes completely.
- 5Add evaporated milk and cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- 6Add garlic powder and cracked pepper to taste.
- 7If you like a thicker soup, add a little cornstarch or flour for thickening.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 773.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat breakfast sausage