Recipe by Carol in Oregon 2
These are great for breakfast. I always cook the sausage the night before and refrigerate it...makes the morning mixing quicker. Put the au gratin potatoes in the 'frig, too. They should be thawed by morning. Serve with syrup or whatever you serve with pancakes.
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) packages frozen potatoes au gratin, defrosted,according to package directions
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked,drained and crumbled (we prefer hot)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine baking mix, milk, butter, eggs and pepper in medium bowl; stir until moistened.
- Add potatoes au gratin, sausage, cheese and green onions; gently stir to combine.
- Coat bottom of large skillet with oil; heat on medium heat until oil is hot.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter in skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until small bubbles appear on top of pancakes, as your would with any pancake.
- Turn over and continue cooking until golden brown.