Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from the Potluck Cookbook.
Make and share this Potato Sausage Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook sausage, stirring to separate, in large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, drain fat and discard.
- Stir together soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Place half of potatoes in prepared casserole. Top with half of soup mixture, top with half of sausage. Repeat layers, ending with sausage. Dot with butter cubes.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake 1 1/4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven, bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Thank you for this recipe! I have made this several times. Every time I take sausage out to thaw my family gets excited cause they know this is what I am making for dinner. I did use cream of chicken instead because that is what I had and it is delicious.
Very good! Works well in crockpot - just cooks longer. Great for pot luck.
This was made on 8/04/09 for mine and SO's dinner. I did make a few changes to this recipe,and they are as follows. The onion was cooked along with the sausage.After draining the sausage, I mixed all the remaining ingredients together using cream of chicken soup and only 1 cup of the cheese. Then after baking for one hour, I topped it with the remaining cheese and continued baking for about 20 minutes. This was very good and will be made again. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "