Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Here is another of my sister's wonderful breakfast casseroles. This casserole reheats very well.
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups raw potatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown and drain sausage. I use Bob Evans because it is so lean. Mix soup, milk, onion and salt and pepper.
- In large casserole, layer sliced raw potatoes, soup mixture and crumbled sausage. Repeat layers again, ending with sausage.
- Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with grated cheese and put back in oven to melt.
We really enjoyed this casserole. I must admit to adding some garlic as I love the flavour- would do the same again next time. I covered the casserole for the first hour of cooking and then uncovered for the last half hour to stop it drying out and the sauce was the perfect consistency. Definitely a keeper- thanks!